Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Construction Birthday Party


It was that time of the year again. My son's birthday party was right around the corner and normally what takes months of planning, I whipped something together in just one week! Luckily, planning was easy since Carson wanted a Construction Birthday. How fun! I was able to use many of his own toys for props and borrowing a few ideas from Pinterest and coming up with a few of my own, I was able to throw together a fantastic party that everyone loved. I hope you enjoy it too!

 The Birthday Invite! This I did make in advance as it's typically very time consuming. It turned out cuter than I had hoped for. 

 I like to decorate my entrance so guest can get a hint at what to expect! Fun and easy. 

As so as guests walked through the door the kiddos where given hard hats from Hobby Lobby and Tool Belts from Home Depot. The tool belts I placed in paint trays. 

The Gift Unloading Zone! This is one of my favorite spots to decorate since the fireplace is where most of the pictures will be taken while Carson is opening presents. I used a Home Depot orange bucket and made the signs and banner for an extra touch.

Close up of the signs!

 It's hard to tell but the banner is made with chevron yellow and white, a grungy black with charcoal dots, and construction orange paper. The string is twisted orange and white.

This is something I was pretty proud of! I found metallic wrapping paper, used caution tape for ribbon and designed the gift tag. 


I also used boxes from Home Depot, peg board, and caution tape to set up a designated play area. I sat out all of Carson's construction toys and added some custom signs on the walls. 


For lunch I decided on a "build" your own dog, gourmet Hot Dog Bar. Included ideas where Mexican Dogs, Italian Dogs, and good ol' fashioned chili dogs. 


 A tool box was used to set the utensils in(I should have bought yellow or orange server ware). 

 I customized some labels so folks would know the difference between the Italian Parsley and Cilantro. I whipped up a cute Hot Dog Loading Zone sign to add to it. 

I used the tray from the Tool Box to set the condiments in. 

The custom labels where places on the cups so guests could write their names down and keep up with their beverages. I found the striped staws at Hobby Lobby and also added the Danger sign. 

Dining Area. I used table runners from Hobby Lobby and designed the banner and balloon display. 

What's a party without a delishes Birthday Cake! I didn't have time to cook one, I ran out of time to order on, so I bought one already iced and decorated it myself. I used a black Wilton Sugar Sheet for the road, cookie icing for the street stripes, candy rocks found at party city and used some of Carson's toys to decorate with. The CARSON banner was another personal touch I wanted add. I also set up a few safety cones and framed themed pic of Carson to put next to the cake. 

A closer view of the cake.

This was one of the funnest things to do!  A few days before the party I set this scene up using the party props. Carson loved it too! 

 The kiddo's went home with party favors I put together myself. I found the tractor toys at Party City, used Reece's Pieces candy, yellow ziplock baggies and designed the labels which where kept on using a few staples.




1 comment:

  1. Ha-ha! That’s such a cool theme! I am so happy I came across this post. You have done an amazing work here, the decoration, the idea, the arrangement, everything is perfect. I can even decorate one of the venues in Los Angeles for my husband’s birthday. I am sure even he would love it.

    ReplyDelete